Shaving cream or soap being one the essentials for men have to be chosen taking into consideration the quality and lot of other factors. The shaving creams and soaps are no doubt prone to chemical usage which can have an adverse effect on the skin. It is better to make your own shaving cream at home with simple and available ingredients and procedures.
Here are few Homemade Recipes for Shaving Cream, Soap or Gel:
Natural Shaving Soap
- Aloe vera gel ¼ cup
- Castile liquid soap ¼ cup
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Few drops of Essential oil
- Grapefruit seed extract for preservation or
- Vitamin E oil for preservation
- Distilled water
Mix all the ingredients in an empty bottle and shake it well. It can be stored at room temperature.
Homemade Shaving Cream
- olive oil ¼ cup
- castile liquid oil ¼ cup
- Shea butter 2 or 3 tablespoons
- baking soda 2 tablespoons
- grapefruit seed extract or vitamin E oil for preservation
Mix oil and Shea butter and melt it in the oven. Once it completely melts, remove it from the oven or the boiler and add other ingredients. Mix it and allow it to cool.
Homemade Shaving Cream with Coconut Oil
- coconut oil 1/3 cup
- Shea butter 1/3 cup
- Castile oil 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil or sweet almond oil 2 tablespoons
Melt Shea butter and coconut oil in a saucepan and stir it occasionally until melted completely. Add olive oil and stir again. Remove it from heat and store it in the fridge. Remove it from the fridge and whip it until 3 or 4 minutes, add Castile oil and whip it once and for all. Store it in an airtight container in cool, dry place.