Eye twitching is not something new. People experience it and deal with it even after knowing a large number of superstitions and myths associated with it. Different parts of the world link different facts and features with eye twitching. While some facts are slightly true some are hard to believe and are better left laughed off. Let us know some of the major eye twitching superstitions and truths along with their causes and simple remedies to cure it instantly.
1. In China, the effect of eye twitching depends upon the time which is again divided into right eye and left eye. The myths with eye twitching in China are so variable with the time that people used to prepare a chart and stuck it on the wall. For example, while the right eye getting twitched in between 3 am to 5 am would encounter you with your distant friend, it getting twitched in between 3 pm to 5 pm it would make you lose some money.
2. In African countries seeing a person whose left eye is twitching would give you fungal infection in tongue, and seeing a person with twitching right eye would not create any mess in your life.
3. In India, eye twitching is not only gender-specific but also depends upon the part of the eye which is twitching. While left eye twitching brings good luck for women, the right eye endows a long-term bad omen. Vice versa is the case with men.
Causes of eye twitching:
When the eye muscles spasm uncontrollably and without your will, the condition is termed as eye twitching. Out of many reasons, the few most prominent ones causing eyes twitching include the following:
- Lack of sleep.
- Too much workload and stress.
- Weak eye power and use of laptop or computer continuously.
- Too much intake of caffeine.
- Alcohol addiction.
- Nutritional imbalances in the body.
- Getting dry eyes frequently.
- Encountering allergies.
Remedies to cure eyes twitching:
Eye twitching is generally a short-term biological process which completely depends upon the functioning of your eyes and has nothing to do with bad omen or good luck. So here are a few home remedies to overcome it if you feel annoyed and irritated experiencing them.
1. Take a sound sleep- Do not get overloaded with work and maintain a stress-free life. This way you could get enough time to sleep and relax.
2. Lubricate the eyes: Dry eyes come under the influence of eye twitching so maintaining the required lubrication with the help of prescribed eye drops from the ophthalmologist seems feasible to cure it.
3. Give less time to screen: Cut off the time you used to spend on laptop or computer. Strain them less for a few days and you could feel the difference by yourself.
4. Take proper nutrients: Twitching is more commonly found in the people who are deficient in Vitamin D, magnesium and vitamin B12. So take a diet which includes green vegetables a lot and get drenched in the sun to get the required Vitamin D.