Turmeric is becoming one of the most popular spices, and there are numerous good reasons for this. Namely, it is full of nutrients and provides miraculous beneficial effects for the health, as it has powerful antioxidant, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s active ingredient is known as curcumin, which has many advantages proven in the scientific articles that explains its effects on our health. Therefore, turmeric water is one of the healthiest beverages you can drink.
Steps to Prepare Turmeric Water:
Preparing turmeric water is very simple. Just with 3 ingredients you can get innumerable benefits. All you need are below ones.
- Glass of warm water
- Black Pepper
In a glass of warm water, add a teaspoon of ground turmeric with a pinch of black pepper, and stir well. Drink the whole amount immediately, until it is warm. Consume the same recipe every morning.
Benefits of Turmeric Water
- Promotes Heart Health: Its main ingredient, curcumin, eliminates plaque from the blood vessels and prevents the formation of blood clots.
- Reverses Type 2 Diabetes: Many scientific researches says that this spice can provide great help in the treatment of diabetes.
- Alkalizes your body: Turmeric is highly alkaline in an acidic environment daily.
- Protects Your Brain: According to scientists, the low levels of the growth harmones are often related to Alzeimer’s disease and dementia.
- Fights Against Inflammation: The major cause of numerous diseases is inflammation. Curcumin has potent anti-inflammatory properties and thus fights against inflammations.
- Anti-Cancer Properties: Curcumin successfully prevents cancer, as it is a strong antioxidant and protect cells from damage.
- Improves Digestion: Scientists claim that the regular consumption of turmeric improves digestion.
- Liver Protection: Turmeric promotes a proper gallbladder function, protects the liver from the dangerous consequences of toxins and effectively regenerates the damaged liver cells.
- Decelerates Aging and promotes Longevity: Curcumin successfully destroys free radicals and prevents inflammation and thus decelerates the aging process.
Although turmeric is considered safe when taken in the recommended doses, pregnant women should avoid taking turmeric orally because it might stimulate the uterus. Also, if you have any digestive issues like gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD, talk to your doctor before using turmeric.