Every tooth basically has an upper layer which is made up of very hard tissue called Enamel and it surrounds the tooth. Enamel doesn’t have any color, it just transparent. The color which is visible to us is the color of our tooth inner layer. You can notice your enamel color at the edge of your upper front tooth.
Here the fact is, A tooth color depends on your skin complexion, eyeball color and some intrinsic strains and extrinsic strains.
Following are the Causes of Intrinsic Strains:
- Teeth Emerging: This may occur while teeth developing or after developing
- Excess Floride Intake: It can be by the mother while during her pregnancy or in the process of permanent teeth developing
- Medically Induced: Taking more number of antibiotics is one most common causes.
- Trauma: It usually occurs when doing root canal treatments
Causes of Extrinsic Strains:
- Coffee (All types)
- Tea (All types)
- Chewing Pan
How to Avoid Yellow Teeth?
Teeth whitening is one good result which everyone will try to do. But high doses of antibiotics, climatic conditions, infection and improper metabolism can contribute to discoloring of teeth.
Often people seek professional treatment to remove the yellow tinge from their teeth, but such treatments take time and can be expensive.
So, these are the simple tips you can follow every day to avoid yellow teeth at the basic level.
- Rinsing off your mouth after every meal with fresh water
- Brush twice a day
- Use soft-bristled toothbrush
- Changing the toothbrush every 3 months
- Cleaning between teeth with floss or interdental cleaners
Tip: You even try bleaching for your teeth. But bleaching won’t last for longer period.